20070704

They Call Me Elijah

by T.J. McIntyre

They call me Elijah. Ravens flock around me like a writhing thunderhead, circling like a twister into the cloudy night sky. Their caws echo across the cavern; their beaks shine in the moonlight. They bring me food so that I might live and spread the Word. Although I have spent most of my life in solitude they say the masses will remember me. I stare up into the night sky looking for visions but get distracted by an airplane overhead.

6S - C1

T.J. McIntyre is an author of speculative and literary fiction from Alabaster, Alabama. An insurance agent by day, he spends his free time trying to capture imaginary worlds and daydreams in nets of words. His work has appeared recently or is forthcoming in such publications as The Swallow's Tail, 55 Words, and Escape Velocity. In addition to being a being a published author, Mr. McIntyre is currently collecting stories and editing the upcoming title, Southern Fried Weirdness 2007: An Annual Anthology of Southern Speculative Fiction. More information about him, his writings, and the anthology can be found at Southern Fried Weirdness.

No comments: